With objectives including increasing safety for staff and members, equipment care, and ensuring high sustainability, the F45 Training center in Riverbend, Edmonton has adopted Tersano Stabilized Aqueous Ozone (SAO®) for cleaning and deodorizing. SAO is a simple, safe, and sustainable way to clean sports centers of all types including gyms, athletic centers, and training facilities. Providing a cleaner, safer, healthier environment for staff, athletes, and the community is paramount.
When used as directed, the Tersano SAO system:
- Kills 99.99% of the Coronavirus-2 surrogate, MHV-3.
- Uses on-site generation eliminating the need to continually purchase chemical cleaning products.
- Increases productivity through an all-in-one solution.
- Is non-corrosive and safe for any surface including rubber workout mats.
- Offers facility staff a zero-risk alternative to toxic chemical cleaners.
- Increases sustainability by reducing the use and disposal of plastic packaging.
In the midst of COVID-19 our commitment to the wellness of our staff, athletes and the community is most important. Cleaning with SAO (Stabilized Aqueous Ozone) helps us meet that commitment.
F45 Training Riverbend, Edmonton
Staff, members and community train at the F45 training facility every day. The 4,000 square-foot gym offers multiple classes both morning and night. Both staff and members are responsible for cleaning the equipment and the facility.
“We were using traditional, off-the-shelf products to clean the gym. One of the other F45 locations is using Tersano SAO and is very happy,” explains Collins. “We looked into the process, liked what we saw and decided to give it a try." In addition to the obvious financial savings of no longer purchasing cleaning products, Collins loves the fact she isn't using detergents that are harsh on the equipment: “Each time we cleaned our equipment and our mats with over-the-counter products, we knew the chemicals were eroding all of it. With SAO we no longer have to worry about that.”
The F45 staff uses SAO to clean virtually every area of the facility including workout spaces, reception, eating areas, public spaces, and bathrooms. Says Collins, “SAO has replaced our chemical cleaning products. We still use a tough stain remover once in a while for nasty restroom grime, but SAO is all we need for everything else.”
Collins' staff resisted the switch from traditional chemicals to SAO at the beginning because SAO is colorless and contains no scent. “It took a little while to get used to because there is no scent. I couldn't smell the clean! But now we all understand that clean means there is no scent at all!” she says.
"Tersano SAO is such an easy and affordable way to keep our gym clean,” says Collins. “We would never go back to using cleaning chemicals. In fact, whenever I see Lysol wipes, my first response is YUCK!"
- SAO reverts back to water and oxygen and can be disposed down the drain without negatively impacting waterways.
- F45 no longer purchases over-the-counter cleaning chemicals.
- Using SAO has given F45 a consistent, repeatable process for virus control in its sporting complex.
- F45 has not sacrificed any cleaning performance by switching from chemicals to SAO.